Wednesday, February 16, 2011

willing.

prone to wander Lord I feel it
prone to leave the God I love
here's my heart Lord, take and seal
seal it for thy court's above.


im sitting in dead silence in my office at the church, with sweet girls sleeping on the floor close to me, and a handful of them in the youth room.
tonight (or should i say this morning),
we are doing 24 hours of prayer with our students.
its 5:43 in the morning,
and i can barely keep my eyes open,
only a few more hours then i can go home and sleep. all day.

but...
i felt maybe this is a good time to sit and type.

so.





just a few of our engagements.
check out
they rock.


im engaged.
and being engaged is rough.
but will be worth it and i am going to enjoy every single moment of arguing over
how many people will be in our wedding,
or what kind of food will be served or where we will live.
because a week after its all over, we will laugh at how silly it all was.
BUT... all the planning has fallen into place, i am very thankful.

and today im wishing all my sweet friends all lived in the same place.
i miss me some pierce family. jamie taylor. kelsee reeves.


for a while, i have been feeling a calling.
the kingdom within me is finally letting down its ancient bridge.
i can see the trees ahead.
they are alive and waving.

i'm remembering what it's like to feel free, delightful, mystical, lovely.
and the liberated soul within this kingdom,
this city i find myself in - it's terrifying.
really.

to come alive again.
to breathe air that crystalizes the lungs
and makes you feel.
to stop being so damn afraid.
to dance to music.
to sing to the wind.
to balance your heels on the brick ledge.
to love without expectation, without requirement.
to be.
to become.
to stop seeing at grey-scale,
and let the colors dress up the mind.

who
am
i
or who have i been?

all these pieces werent fitting together, in this place, with these circumstances.
and change is inevitable.

Your love is strong.

and its gotta keep me.
its gotta keep me.
you gotta have mercy on this little girl.

i haven't known how to be.
i don't know how to let love flow from this one.
i'm not sure i know how to love without expectation.

teach me
to live even as the ground starts shaking. and people start fading.
teach me
to resonate that which you are speaking.

teach me to let this spine stand up straight
and rejoice in today, rejoice in tomorrow -
be blown by the spirit.
stop feeling so guilty and charged heavy with iniquity.

i need to read Your story and find myself in its pages.

my patience is counted few tonight,
my burden is heavy.
but
i can finally hear you in the silence of my beating heart.

the bridge has almost met the ground and you're asking me to walk with you along the narrow path.
to go set the people free.
to get past the intro - and
begin to explore.

the wilderness has become my comfort and my barrenness my badge.

but this is the route
to burning...
and i don't like when you wash my feet.

i am beginning. i am beginning.
forgive me. i don't know how to love.
you promised. i'm waiting.

i have tiptoed onto the bridge.

you're smiling, you love to watch this.
your banner over me is love.

heavenly Father, i'm willing.


4 comments:

Jade said...

who is this coming up from the wilderness leaning on her beloved??
:) i love you and your sweet spirit. your heart is wide open darlin girl. and your feet are on the right path.
walk it, until you're running, and then you'll dance.
i love you.

Anonymous said...

I love you! You are such an encouragement! More than you know. What got us through our engagement was remembering that we were being put together for a life of love, family, and ministry. With that in perspective, the details of the wedding just didn't matter. Had to realize its not about people present for that one day but present and growing through the marriage. My love for our friendship is beyond words and know anything you need... i'm here :)

Jaime

kelsee reeves said...

i can not wait until i get to sit and talk with you over many cups of coffee/chai.

"all these pieces werent fitting together, in this place, with these circumstances. and change is inevitable."
amen, amen, amen

sister i just love the depth of your heart. i am so excited to be in the same place for longer than a week, to live life with you and walk into the next seasons of our lives together.

Anonymous said...

dont forget, sweet girl, to find the joy in the middle of the bending, breaking, stretching, compromising -- joy in the fact that you're engaged!
you were made to dance in front of those of us who walk down His path hesitantly. take comfort in that, and please, keep dancing for women like me.
keep hoping :)
-c