Tuesday, August 2, 2011

season.

"If we are dying of thirst, passively reading books about water quenches little; the only way to quench the parched mouth is to close the book and dip the hand into water and bring it to the lips. If we thirst, we'll have to drink."


One Thousand Gifts written by Ann Voskamp.
i found and heard about this book at the beginning of this year and told myself i would go get it...and read it. well of course i didnt until may. bought it, started reading it and i think it changed my life. yeah...it did.

i highly recommend it for all you ladies.
and men too if you want :)

eucharisteo means thanksgiving. in this book, ann expresses so much thanks in times of trouble, days when she doesnt feel thankful for anything, and joy of course, too. if you read it, it will make more sense to you, i wont even try to explain how her view on life (which is the attempt to view as Christ views living and breathing life) because its too beautiful, and intimate. it is something that i want you to experience yourself, because i believe it is so very well needed for us all. 

"...to name a thing is to manifest the meaning and value God gave it...to name a thing, is to bless God for it and in it"

so
i am starting something new on this blog. everyday i will post at least one thing i am thankful for. for at least a year. everyday i will give praise to the Lord even when it isnt a joyful day. before now, i did this in my prayers and in my mind and decided it needed to be tangible. an offering to the Lord. so instead of just reading a book and locking away all the emotions i felt during it, i am dipping my hands in the water and quenching my thirst. my thirst to find His beauty in all things. 

so here is my first.


i am thankful for

living life with my best friend forever
and the people that have thought, prayed, laughed, cried, and been through little or everything within heath and i's relationship...from friendship to marriage. i will never be able to express the joy i have in my heart for you all. this wedding gift is so special to me. thank you to the one who gave this. 


1 comment:

Casey said...

Went out and bought this book yesterday after I saw your post! :) Thanks for sharing it and your heart! Congrats on your marriage!!! So excited for you!