Wednesday, December 29, 2010

dancing in the minefields.

I can say this is the beginning of the end of as life as i know it. And im joyful about it.


here is the story:

Heath and I attended our Christmas Eve service at the church I work at and we both attend. (I guess you could say where the love was sparked also) As we left, our friends smiled, gave big hugs, and said 'Merry Christmas!!' to both of us! Love is thick in that church, and I couldnt be more thankful!


Every Christmas Eve, we spend it at my Granna and Pop's house. Tradition. We go, we eat, we sing carols, we open presents, we open stockings. The carols kill the kids because they are so anxious to open presents...but were all old now so it doesnt matter as much. Well...tradition changed a little this time. Yes, we went. Yes, we ate. THEN.

Heath says, 'Okay, time to go find your present!'

...with a blindfold. A little odd I thought for a Christmas present?

So, He puts the blindfold on me, grabs my hand and starts leading me to my "present"

Opens the back door to my grandparents, and the questions start rolling off my tongue,

"Why are we going outside?"

"What in the world could be out here?"

"Baaaaabbbbeeeee, where are you taking me?"

Bless his heart, he said he couldnt stop laughing.

We keep walking. He keeps his lips sealed.

Then he sits me down in a rocking chair...as Im still asking a million questions.





This song starts playing...

I say,

"Why are you turning on music?"

"What in the world are you doing?"

"Why are you not talking?"

"Are you serious?...SHUT UP!"


He takes the blindfold off.

Were underneath THE tree

Twinkle lights in THE tree.

Candles all around us.

Flowers on the table.

The song is playing.

Heath is on one knee.

I push him (opps! I think it might have hurt!)

I said yes!






This tree is at my Granna and Pop's. This tree has my whole childhood written all over it. When we were young, all of us cousins used to play outside at our grandparents house every time we were there. They live out in the country, with a lot of animals, and a bunch of junk all around. You would of thought we found buried treasure every time we were there. But this tree...this tree was magical for us. We would play under its big branches and around its massive stump. There used to be these tin chairs we would just sit in. They were either red or blue, Im not sure because I have a bad memory.


Heath remembered me telling him about this.

Special.

Told you it was a magical place!








Well ‘I do’ are the two most famous last words

The beginning of the end

But to lose your life for another I’ve heard is a good place to begin

Cause the only way to find your life is to lay your own life down

And I believe it’s an easy price for the life that we have found

dancing in the minefields- andrew peterson



So, I am getting married to Heath Hobgood.

I am getting married to a man that I am thankful for every bit of him.

For his ability to love Jesus before me, then leading me in that.

For praying over me, even if its just because my tummy hurts.

For loving me when Im showing him all sides of who I am. Good and bad.

For knowing me better than I know myself sometimes.

For his love for adventure, and mountains.

For his pursuit of me even when I wasnt ready to date.

I am so very lucky.

And this holy, invisible force that brought us together - in this oneness - is evidence there is a God. A beautiful, loving God who wrote this whole drama to point to a Godman who chose a wife for Himself. His love and his story is stamped even in the most mundane of life. He is going to rock as a husband, I cant wait to walk through all of life with him. Father, may our marriage bring You glory and honor.




Cause we bear the light of the son of man

So there’s nothing left to fear

So I’ll walk with you in the shadow lands

Till the shadows disappear

Cause he promised not to leave us

And his promises are true

So in the face of all this chaos baby

I can dance with you

dancing in the minefields- andrew peterson




Thank you all for loving and sharing life with us! We are so excited for you to be a part of this journey, and look forward to sharing it with everyone! The big day is July 23rd, 2011, mark your calendars! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading, listening, and seeing pictures of this special moment in your life. You are going to be a STUNNING bride :) & I can't wait for the 23rd!! Congratulations!!

Lindsey said...

I totally cried when I read this. Love yall!
-Lindsey

Anonymous said...

you are the greatest human, and i can tell that Heath is your perfect match. I'm so very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing your "magical" story. God has truly blessed the two of you :)

Angela Kahlich

Jade Pierce said...

how beautiful and wonderful and lovely and genuine you are. and how lucky is this man who has found you, fought for you, and determined to give himself first for God and His glory.
I love you Tara Donaho! Can't wait to see you as a wife. I know it is time.

SarahT said...

You are such a beautiful writer and person! I am so excited for you! I know has God has great plans for the future Hobgoods and I pray for many blessing over you both! Love yall!!