Sunday, October 17, 2010

a year later.

how funny it is to type words again.
sort of like coming home, welcoming but sometimes different.

I’ve rarely written.
I’ve rarely written much on anything for others to read.
I've been keeping prayer journals, something I have always wanted to do.


And anyways,
I thought I should share.
Because who doesn’t like an open soul,
A little exposure.

I love it.

My own, and others.

And so here it is.

The last time I wrote anything of substance for others to read was this day
January 16th, 2010
http://taradonaho.tumblr.com/day/2010/01/16
"but everyday i will wake up with joy in my heart that He has a plan, even when i cant, i will. and go to bed with thankfulness in all of that truth."
You will never understand the massive transformation He made within me from the moment I spoke those words.
I will never be able to use words to explain.



The gospel is so glorious.
The gospel has changed my heart over these past how ever many months.
The invitation is beautiful.

I, who have nothing good within me to offer man nor God,
A desperate sinner, loving self, lazy and confused…
I can be made whole, set free, eternally saved through the work of Jesus Christ.

And it’s more than a ticket to heaven,
It is a ticket for grace to overcome EVERYTHING in this age…
Despair, despondency, anxiety, impatience, anger, lust…
My hope to live well and live full, to have enough money for tomorrow or be a successful in areas in my life,
To have joy and to be free,
To not be entangled by the darkness of sin,
To grasp and behold the glory of the Father,
To understand the Word, to serve my brother,
To actually live everyday – that grace, that EMPOWERMENT, that infusion of supernatural strength –
Is because of and entirely through Jesus Christ.

Now for us perfectionists…
The over analytical, introverts.
the first born, overachievers, dreamers,
Self-aware and journaling souls…

This is how we survive this age.

My worry ceases in the truth that all things will work for good…
Death and my own brokenness, Suffering and delays in promises,
They are there for our benefit – to make our lives into something good.

And so on this final leg of my past 12 months,
i weep at the thought of this.

Because the Same Faithful God, who pours out the mercy He loves to give,
Who gave my soul the opportunity of amazing grace,
Saved me from hell,
whispered to my heart his secrets at the tender age of 14 and 15…
Who stirred my heart to fall in love with the His calling in high school,
Who burdened my heart to intercession before I even knew what it was called,
Who opened my eyes to His Second Coming,
Who brought me the absolute greatest community,
Who kept me away from those who have hurt me and brought me someone who knows how to love me unconditionally with His direction,
Who put me in a place where all I do is love youth kids and talk about Jesus...as a job.
Who put breathe back into my lungs when I selfishly was not alive anymore,
Who gave me a ministry to be equipped to learn more about His word and calling to His people,
Who healed the hearts of my friends and family, and who delivered me from NUMEROUS BONDAGES,

This God…
He’s the same, today, for me.
He has never done me wrong, ever.
He has never let me down, ever.
He has always come through, always always always.


I am saved – and this salvation cannot be stolen away…


He is good. What He does is good.
His love for me exceeds everything that ever mattered before.
Salvation is beautiful.
Eternity will be glorious.
And the Son of God has stolen this heart.

With all of that being said.
It is more than well with my soul.
I am an assistant youth minister to a handful of kids yearning to know the Fathers heart! I am a daughter and sister to a kick-a family that I couldnt live without. I am a lover of art, dance, music, photography. I am a girlfriend (I dont really like that word for some reason, it feels silly) to a very wonderful warrior of our Father, that awakens the beauty of the Lord in the mundane. I am friends to so many beautiful people who love Jesus!

I would keep going, but I will stop because you will probably die reading.
Just know I am in a sweet season in life, sweet busy crazy season,
but
sweet.
Im going to be updating often...
along with my sweet friend Jade Pierce. again and again.
http://jadempierce.wordpress.com/

love.






7 comments:

CaitlinGraham said...

that's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Glad your writing again..

jade said...

I cant help but see your heart in this and it makes me feel close to you even though I'm far away.
Again and again darlin girl.

Anonymous said...

The light of Jesus shines in and shines out of you, Tara. Your words are beautiful and honor our Heavenly Father.

Anonymous said...

ptviaille is me, Tonya. :-)

jade Beaty said...

let's see it!

jade said...

Beaty! weird!!!