Monday, August 11, 2008

rid me of myself.


the last time i wrote for you to see was nearly four months ago-
time seems to pass quickly through my hands.
  prom
  graduation parties
  graduation
  roadtrips
  camps
  saying goodbye
  high school
  college
it seems to all be a dim memory in the corner of my mind.
He has pressed His life into mine
-or moreso i have really ironed my ransomed heart into His skin 
through all those listed above.
...thats all i remember running through my body,
all the rest seems like routine were all expected to fight through until death.
although those things were covered in His grace and couldnt be more thankful.

when i sit. 
when i think.
when i gaze upon Him who holds the seven stars within the palm of His hand.
and walks amidst the lamp stands.
then. then.
then.
everything is okay.
my heart settles like a raging tempest subduing into the sea,
and i can taste His beauty within my spirit...
like dewdrop water surrounding the stem of a youthful flower.

for His eyes are flames of fire,
and His voice is so much louder than the rushing waters,
and His face, it does, outshine the brightest sun.

this heart eeeerupts,
a messiness of passion caking that which remains within
still grey, chipping stone.

how many times can i write about this " being undone."
how long before i run the language dry and have only untitled emotion
to deal with.

for You are in exhaustible.

there is this weight, to leave here,
stop standing behind the bedded doorknob,
pick up the brass skeleton key
and set myself free.
my barefeet cant wait another second to step foot on thick ground
 in africa,
the wrinkles in my hand yearn to touch the pure skin of the children.
to giggle and give my heart to them.
i cant stand it, 
i want to be free.

i am stumbling in this journey.
i feel His jealous flames burning away the darkness hidden in my heart.
And
until the day breaks, and the shadows flee away,
i will go my way
up the mountain of  myrrh,
and the hill of frankincense.

lead me to the cross,
where Your love poured out,
bring me to my knees,
Lord, i lay me down.
RID me of myself,
i belong to YOU.

for i am my Beloved's, and He is mine.
and His desire is for me.


----
btw-
this is a public blog.
anyone who views it is welcome to comment,
you dont have to be a member,
so have at it. :]


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"my barefeet cant wait another second to step foot on thick ground
in africa,
the wrinkles in my hand yearn to touch the pure skin of the children.
to giggle and give my heart to them.
i cant stand it,
i want to be free."

this is why we met, i just know it.
your heart is so, so beautiful tara, and i love you more than you know. i can't wait until we finally go...so many years of waiting! :]]

kyle said...

you're a pretty neat girl tara.